Mufti Mohammad Farhan, PhD.
Executive Director of ICLI
Mufti Farhan is raised in New York. He completed his initial education and High School in New York. He pursued his education for 8 years in Islamic studies. In which, he completed a bachelor’s degree in Arabic and Islamic Sciences, specializing in hadith studies, and then went on to complete a Masters in Islamic Theology from Binoria International University, Pakistan. Finally, he accomplished a PhD in Islamic Jurisprudence and Law, from the same University.
He is also specialized in Islamic Economics and Finance.
Currently, he is the Executive Director of Islamic Center of Long Island (ICLI) Westbury, NY. The spiritual advisor for Islamic Affairs for Muslims on Long Island, Inc. (Masjid Al-Baqi), and a consultant for the Islamic Center of South Shore, Valley Stream, Long Island (Masjid Hamza).
He is the Co-founder & President of a Non-for-Profit Organization for Youth called “Children of Adam”.
For more than a decade, following are the initiatives for the youth that Mufti Farhan has worked on:
- Promote confidence, self-esteem and the ability to set and achieve goals for the
youth through the directives of Islam.
- Create dedication to the principles of positive and effective youth development.
- Provide platform and resources to ensure quality and core competencies for youth development and community leadership.
- Develop confidence that youth shall grow up in a healthy, substance/abuse-free environment and be a productive member of crime-free society.
- Expand the youth horizon to achieve high academic status, be physically/mentally fit and become culturally sound.
- Equip youth to get education and meet the skills required to be a member in the 21st century workforce.
- Ensure the youth has programs and/or places available to them that provide a safe and well guided environment.
- Enable youth to encounter a positive experience as a result of the programs.
- Strive that youth are leaving the programs and events better off than they were before they attended them.
- Assess individual needs for appropriate assistance.
- Collect and Analyze statistical data on youth to better utilize them in appropriate activities.
- Refer youth to places in which they can go to receive guidance in a safe environment.
- Design training seminars, retreats, conventions and diverse programs to enhance the development of youth.
- Offer workshops to educate youth in the fields of religion, academics as well as carriers and professions.
- Inspire youth by providing learning opportunities to increase and expand Islamic knowledge to enhance positive personality characteristics and skills.
- Compile inter-faith programs for youths to enhance in learning and teaching about the different religions and cultures.
CONTACT MUFTI FARHAN
If you wish to contact Mufti Farhan for Counseling, you can submit your request in the contact form below. He will get back to you as soon as possible.